From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
ISTE 2016 is here! I hope to catch up with so many of you out there. Here’s the schedule of where I’ll be presenting and sharing this year. It is always great to go. Since I only go every other year, it is always extra sweet to see people that I’ve not seen in a while. Say hi!
If you want links to these events to register, go to my ISTE 2016, Presenter Page.
Workshop: BYOA: BUILD YOUR OWN APP (WH021)
- Fee: $113 ($123 after May 1)
- [Explore and create: Workshop]
- Saturday, June 25, 12:30–3:30 pm
- CCC Mile High Ballroom.3A
Special Interviews at ISTE
While I’ll be interviewing lots of teachers and educators for the show, I’m also adding something new this year. I’ll be doing a “live from ISTE” set of interviews with some cool companies. This is a sponsored series and will run on the Every Classroom Matters show. I’ll be on the showroom floor taping these (and perhaps a few others) on Tuesday morning.
- Laurie Nathan the Executive Director National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. They have an excellent free digital citizenship training program for teachers, Netsmartz.
- Horacio Ochua, the Head of Quality Assurance at Bloomz, Inc. I use this app for my parent-teacher communications.
Make sure to subscribe to Vicki’s podcast, Every Classroom Matters, to hear interviews taped at ISTE in the near future.
The CTN Playground with Crescerance and MAD-Learn
- Sun, Jun 26
- 1:00 PM MDT
- CCC Concourse E
BLENDED LEARNING CLASSROOMS: PEDAGOGIES, SKILLS, AND TOOLS FOR TEACHING
- Monday, June 27, 8:30–9:30 am
- CCC 302
SKETCHNOTING IN EDUCATION: THE BEST PRACTICES, BENEFITS AND HOW-TO’S OF SKETCHNOTING
- Wednesday, June 29, 8:30–9:30 am
- CCC 502
MINDSETS AND CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT FOR MAKING AND INVENTING IN EVERY CLASSROOM
- Wednesday, June 29, 10:15–11:15 am
- CCC 113
ISTE is always so busy but a great time to connect and share. I’ll admit that I’m a bit tired from somewhat of a travel disaster trying to come home from Iowa, but I’ll be around. Please say hello and introduce yourself. Let’s learn together but remember — don’t get caught up in the hype — it is about helping as many kids as possible learn and do meaningful work. We are in the life improvement business.
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.