I've moved the blog!

I've moved my blog to www.coolcatteacher.com as well as all of the posts from this blog. Learn more...

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Could FriendFeed be used as StudentFeed?




A look inside friendfeed.


I've used friendfeed some, as much to keep all of my stuff "together" as anything else. There are things I like and dislike about the service, but this interview with the founder of Friendfeed by my favorite web guru, Jeremiah pretty much summarizes the service.

It really does a pretty good job of aggregating all of the stuff I do.

I've wondered if with all of the youtube channels, rss feeds, etc. what it would be like to set up a "studentfeed" of sorts. I wish I could compartmentalize it and remove it from the other things. I think this format is very easy and if the students put their feeds together for the teachers it would make it a bit easier.

I wouldn't want it to be publicly available, though. A big obstacle to more teachers using Web 2 is still the RSS reader that many teachers cannot get their arms around. It seems geeky and they don't get it until a great professional developer walks them through igoogle or netvibes set up. Still, some don't really understand how to add to their pages.

Part of why I am able to innovate in the classroom is that I do "play" with a lot of tools -- sort of a personal R&D. I always believe that we must play before we produce.

This is one of those services I'm kind of tinkering with a little. Not ready to get hyper and excited yet, but it is kind of cool.

tag: , , , , ,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus Comments for Cool Cat Teacher Blog