How to Turn off Blue Light on Your iPhone/ Ipad at Night

Keep Your Phone from Waking You Up

From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis

Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter

Not sleeping? You might need to turn off blue light on your phone. This week, I was interviewing John Medina, author of Brain Rules, for a future episode of Every Classroom Matters. He made the offhand comment, “blue light wreaks havoc with your brain.” We’ve known this since 2006, This Psychology Today article can help explain why your teenager may be awake ALL NIGHT.

turn blue light off on your iPhone and iPad and protect your health

Thank goodness we can turn off blue light on Apple devices now. I recorded a quick video and am telling everyone I know to make sure they set their iPhones and iPads up this way — especially for kids. I turn off blue light in the evening until the morning so that if I have to look at my phone, it won’t wake me up so much.

Note that after you follow these instructions, your iPhone or iPad will have a brownish twinge to it because the blue light is turned off. You want that. It took me two days to get used to but it isn’t that big of a problem for me.

Tell all the parents you know. 😉 (They’ll thank you.)

Here’s a quick tutorial I just uploaded to YouTube.

How to Turn Blue Light Off on your iPhone or iPad by using Night Shift

Why Does Blue Light Wake You Up?

This would be a fantastic science project for kids. Here are some resources about this phenomenon:

 

The post How to Turn off Blue Light on Your iPhone/ Ipad at Night appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!



From http://ift.tt/2a1mQ3r
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.

Popular Posts