Flat Classroom Workshop at Boston College, Cell phone workshop at NECC and more

"I don't get out much."  When I say this, many don't believe me, but really -- the 5-6 conferences I go to a year are a mere pittance compared to the many conferences of most.  That being said, there are a few things packed into a 2 week schedule this summer. 

Would like to share what is going on with you so that perhaps if there are any of you out there that would like to join in, you can do so.

   The 2 day workshop with edtechteacher, Tom Daccord, will be the major workshop for me this summer at Boston University on June 25-26, 2009.   

Julie and I will be talking about doing one but it will either be later in the year or in 2011, so for now, this is where you can get the information.  Although she's coming in town for NECC, she won't be there in time for the two day workshop. 

On Saturday morning, June 27th it will be great to catch up with some of you for just a moment at Edubloggercon at NECC.

The afternoon is a workshop whose time has come for me called Cell Phones for Classrooms, Calendars, and Life Management from 12:30 - 3:30 pm.  Although we use cell phones a lot in my own classroom, until this year I don't really know if there has been interest in a workshop on Cell phones.  My career began in the telephone business and I was a General Manager for Cellular One for several years back in the 1990's (before I started having children and stayed home with them when they were babies) and I LOVE CELL PHONES!  So, this will be fun.

There are several sessions at NECC, but I'll just let you browse the Current Calendar for those -- the session with Adam Frey that the fire marshall always shuts people out of is on Monday - am hoping to find someone to stream that and any sessions for me.  So, let me know and we'll make sure you get in.

Just click (look for more) on the calendar if you're looking at this calendar in April and May -- oh, and the Guy Kawasaki thing on my calendar is just a session I'm attending with Discovery - I am not "on" the show with Guy Kawasaki (don't I wish) -- just attending.  But it is free and it will rock.





So, sore feet in tow, Julie and her daughter will come down to Camilla to recover for a bit of time and then I'm taking July off!!  Already looking at the conferences for 2009-2010 school year and excited about some great possibilities.

One day, I dream that every school's great teachers will take 4-5 days a year to go off and present and share.  Sadly, the other day I talked to an amazing teacher who is asked to present all the time - she told me that the one flaw of her admin is that he says "you are mine and I'm not sharing."  Well, especially for public school teachers in the US -- who pays their salary?  They, of all people should be sharing with one another - but I truly feel that it is the right thing to do to share share share.  We can never have enough discussions about what is happening IN the classroom.  Real, authentic teachers who are doing it now add a lot of value to conferences and are the people who always leave me dumbfounded at how much I need to be doing.

And, as this grassroots movement of educators continues to move forward, there are many more of you sharing and doing and presenting - keep it up!  Maybe we can say hello at NECC. ;-)

Popular Posts