Don't Wait for the Wind, My Friend

Yazoo City, MS TornadoImage via WikipediaAs I spent over half an hour in the closet holding and shushing my babies while Kip listened for the "freight train" noise again that woke us all and sent us running.

As we listened to the torrential hail- I looked at my babies again.

These children are a gift. Whether they are crabby or upset that I'm embarrassing them again or wishing I'd move from my chair so they could play XBox or watch ANOTHER episode of LOST or cartoons - they are mine.

The power just came back on a few moments a go and most of them are asleep and I'm very very tired but my babies are all safe and they are all here.

Sometimes the tornadoes have to howl and the trees have to split outside your window before you see the precious gifts that grow under your own roof. 

My babies are here. They are precious. I love them. I think I'll tell them a few extra times today.

What gifts do you not appreciate until the winds blow?

Don't wait for the wind, my friend, appreciate those gifts now. Tell them you love them today.

(I'm sure they will feel lots of love for me as we work in the yard today to undo the damage but that is ok. Love doesn't mean we don't have our kids work along side us. It means we face the storms and the aftermath together.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular Posts