Kathy Cassidy shares her secrets for blogging, sharing and keeping kids safe online
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Six-year-olds can blog. Canadian first-grade teacher Kathy Cassidy has long shown us the way as she has been blogging with six and seven-year-olds successfully for many years. She shares her secrets of keeping kids safe, helping them build a portfolio and the workflow for helping kids become independent bloggers.
Show Notes: How to Safely Connect Six year Olds to the World
- What kinds of things can six-year-olds share online?
- How can you keep kids safe online? (And how parents sometimes compromise their own child’s security and what she does about it.)
- How, when and if corrections should be made to student work.
- Why young children need a portfolio.
Educator Resources from this Episode
- Mrs. Cassidy’s Classroom Blog
- Connected from the Start: Global Learning in the Primary Grades by Kathy Cassidy
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.