Educate yourself to prevent the nightmare
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Picking the wrong technology tool can unleash a nightmare. Don’t think it can’t happen to you.
If you look over the shoulder of one of Gord Holden’s 10,000 students, it looks like they are playing a video game. They are not. They are learning. They are safe, too. Let’s dig into Gord’s three things about digital citizenship that every teacher should know.
Show Notes – Things Every Teacher Should Know about Digital Citizenship:
- A simple explanation to parents about Internet safety.
- Why some online spaces are like “Lord of the Flies” and what to do about it.
- How to use 3D worlds to help autistic spectrum students interact in real life.
- Teaching French, Science, and Democracy in a 3D world. (great stories!)
- Nightmare things that have happened when teachers pick the wrong tool! (Oh my!)
Today’s Sponsor: Netsmartz Free “Teaching Digital Citizenship” Course
About Gord Holden
Gord Holden@gord.holden has been working in education for 35 years, beginning with using early Apples with Special Education students. He was recruited by Heritage Christian Online School 5 years ago to be the founder and Director of their Immersive Technology (IMT) Department. IMT currently has 12 staff and close to 200 students participating.
The post Things Every Teacher Should Know About Digital Citizenship appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
via Vicki Davis at coolcatteacher.com. Please also check out my show for busy teachers, Every Classroom Matters and my Free teaching tutorials on YouTube.