Sploggers sploggers go away

I don't like splogs, the people who just reprint excerpts of other people's stuff in their blogs so that they can get the Google adsense dollars. To me, these are the people who give us a bad name and cause Technorati numbers to be in question.

Well, I've been hit once or twice -- but imagine my surprise when I had three pages of these links in Technorati tonight -- I think perhaps Technorati hasn't counted them yet nor do I want them to be counted in my link count or expertise ratings.

If you want to see what a splogger is, just take a look at http://www.technorati.com/blogs/coolcatteacher.blogspot.com?reactions&page=1 -- you should see the beginnings of the splogging of my article responding to Andrew Keene.

Don't like it, don't want it. Give me authentic blogs, but splogs are a waste of time and money -- Google Adsense could can the advertising from sploggers but if they're making money, I guess they see no problem with it.

tag: , , ,

Popular Posts