See you at NECC: there or virtually!

I had several things I wanted to write today, but I have way too much packing to do -- heading to the mountains tomorrow and then to NECC.

Am a bit down today, didn't get an award I really had my heart set on... perhaps if there hadn't been just two of us it wouldn't have hurt so much, so I guess I'm a bit down at this moment.
(Plus I've been paying bills and doing laundry-- how is that for a day!)

Getting ready for my life to change... again!
But, I do know this -- I'm going to meet some people that have already changed my life and will change it some more. I'm going to bring some great things back to my classroom and I'm going to learn a lot.

If you can't go, attend virtually

I'm going to read some great analysis by those of you who can't make it but are going to attend virtually, like I did last year.
(See my posts, how to attend NECC virtually, Virtual Post #1 Blood on the Cutting Edge, Virtual Post #2 Bernie Dodge remixes Webquests, Virtual Post #3 Highlights and hyperlinks from NECC newsletters, Virtual Post #4 - On Creativity, Research, the New Story, Web 2.0 and RSS, and my favorite post, #5 - The Silent but most important participants of NECC.

Just remember, that if you don't attend, you can be an aggregator! You can look at the many posts, and add your opinion and see the overall trends and "buzz" that others of us will not see until long after. So, don't have a pity party -- put on your slippers like I did last year and attend virtually. I suggest that in addition to NECC2007 that you add the individual RSS for the session AND add virtual_attendee -- then we can watch you.

Just like a comment I had from Jason last year:

You have been doing a great job taking a lot of different posts and putting them together under one theme. I am here in San Diego and you are getting a lot of stuff that I didn't have the time or ability to go to. Thanks! :)

After looking over my schedule, I'm a bit worried that there is too much of ME in my NECC -- I'd really like to sit back and learn from some really neat people and I'm going to make time for that. The truth is that this is an amazing revolution of educators who will not be embodied by any one person -- we are all a part of it.

And when all is said and done, our students and our children are why we do what we do. I love to teach! I love my students!

If you're going to attend virtually, let me know and I'll make sure I check your blog.

tag: , , ,

Popular Posts