I've moved the blog!

I've moved my blog to www.coolcatteacher.com as well as all of the posts from this blog. Learn more...

Monday, August 09, 2010

SAVED!



Image representing Carbonite as depicted in Cr...Image via CrunchBase
Sometimes something I use gets me excited.

Well, my son was typing his paper for his Honors Lit class and somehow was on a temporary profile. We're not sure why. When he logged on tonight, you guessed it -- HIS PAPER WAS GONE.

I searched everywhere -- .tmp files and everything. Poof. It was gone and so was my son's hope.

Well, I went on Carbonite - that handy new backup that I use and guess what -- I FOUND IT. I found it, restored it and had it back within 5 minutes after I had searched on the hard drive for the better part of an hour.

We talk about backup all the time, but do we really HAVE a good backup plan?  I've had backup on a hard drive, but I'll tell you - a system that automatically backs up even the temporary profile before Windows ejects it into Cyberspace is something I just have to love.

So, yes, I'm talking about it and no, they don't pay me.  I know there are other backups - Mozy and Sugar Sync get talked about a lot.  But for me, now, Carbonite - You've made my (and my son's) night.

Thanks!
Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus Comments for Cool Cat Teacher Blog