Celebrating 1,000 Episodes: My Son Turns the Tables on Me!


Thank you so much! It was February 2017 when I took a day off school to "figure out" how to publish this podcast. I started by telling the story of "Sue and Mrs. Scruggs" and I had no idea what I was doing. I only knew that a 5-day-a-week podcast where teachers, administrators, and those who love kids could get a quick idea every day could be a really good service to education. There are so many amazing stories of teachers, and most of them are too busy or just not called to have a podcast. I didn't want another "talking head" show, as I just wanted to interview people!

So, this episode is not only a thank you, but it is also my son asking me questions. I let John, my son and editor, take this show where he wanted. He asked some pretty personal questions but that was ok. It is good to get the personal stories behind all of it, and here you go.

I'm so glad I get to do this work. I appreciate all of you who listen, share the show with your friends, and suggest people to come on. Without you, I wouldn't have a show. So, if you want to hear some stories and motivations behind the show, celebrate with us for episode 1000.

I also need to say thank you to my husband, Kip, son, John, and my daughter, Susan (she did advertising for me for a while). And our oldest son, James, has also rooted for the show. It is a family project and has blessed us so very much. And speaking of sponsors, thank you to all of the companies who have sponsored the show through the years. You have made it possible, and I'm excited about the many companies who I'm talking to now about sponsoring future weeks of the show.

OK, I guess I haven't thanked the academy yet (ha ha), but this isn't about the academy but about teachers and kids. I love teaching and love students and love getting to bring the stories that can help all of us be better. Thanks again. And I will see you later, educator!

Full show notes and the complete transcript: https://www.coolcatteacher.com/e1000


Check out this episode!

Popular posts from this blog

122 For You: Cool Cat Teacher's Favorite Apps, Software, and Sites

RSS your family: Rapidly Synchronize Sanity

Save time Webmaster! Use RSS feeds