I've used this weekend to welcome my children to the blogosphere.
I have been concerned that there are few blogs for kids by kids where I can be certain that the material will be clean, family oriented, and kid friendly. So, my children and I have created one of our own at coolcatkid.blogspot.com. I hope other families will begin to do this!
I have several reasons:
- It is the future of my children. I was programming at age eight -- why can't they blog?
- It will give them opportunity to write. I have them Save as Draft and I proof and coach them to help them.
- I want to understand kid blogging issues.
- I want to experience first hand their learning, frustrations, and joys with the experience.
- I want to apply blogging to my classes but am grappling with how. I will probably use Dave Warlicks Classblogmeister tool.
- My children are not allowed to use their names.
- All comments are moderated and go to my e-mail box.
- No information resides in their profiles -- someone would have to contact me.
- All entries in the blog are e-mailed directly to me just in case they post accidentally.
Welcome to the blogosphere cool cat kids!