Happy Anniversary CoolCatHusband!

"Let those who are in favor with their stars
Of public honor and proud titles boast,
Whilst I, whom fortune of such triumph bars,
Unlooked for joy in that I honor most.
Great princes' favorites their fair leaves spread
But as the marigold at the sun's eye;
And in themselves their pride lies buried,
For at a frown they in their glory die.
The painful warrior famoused for fight,
After a thousand victories once foiled,
Is from the book of honor raised quite,
And all the rest forgot for which he toiled.
Then happy I, that love and am beloved
Where I may not remove nor be removed."

A sonnet, William Shakespeare

Today my husband and I celebrate fourteen years together and I am so very grateful for his unconditional love and support in a world full of conditions. It is amazing how one that I did not know for 23 years could now be more family to me than family.

A great man of faith, when we lost everything we saved in our first five years of marriage and a pecan grove that went under water, he went back into engineering and we agreed, "God doesn't give demotions."

As he moved ahead and five years later when he was laid off due to downsizing the Monday before Thanksgiving, we again struggled and said, "God doesn't give demotions."

He moved back into manufacturing engineering, his gift, and continued to work hard every day sometimes loving it, sometimes, well, you know. As he worked so very hard, he has been promoted several times and this past week was named Engineering manager for his manufacturing plant. Though we couldn't see, there was a plan and I am so thankful. He truly deserves it.

He is a great man...sticking it out when most would quit...doing his best when no one noticed...taking lateral moves into tough jobs knowing it would fill in gaps in his knowledge base...keeping faith although his parents died too young. He has every excuse to be broken beyond repair and yet, he is not.

He is my model of perseverance, love, and faith. My favorite song for him is "I can't smile without you" which is so true. It is his love and belief in my dream of being an inspirational writer that keeps me coming back to this blog and writing.

Some would accuse me of being sappy, but insofar as I remember, I've been blogging for close to two years and never wished him happy birthday or anniversary.

So, today, honey, this blog is for you. Happy Anniversary!

Popular Posts