Free 3D Virtual Worlds for teaching Literature

This is a fascinating portal to virtual worlds used to teach literature. IT IS NOT in second life but is an example of Web 3d.

I have not explored these, but have heard that they are great tools to use. "Western Michigan University English professors and doctoral students working in 2006-07" created this site! The novels that are included:
  • A Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Democracy
  • An Island Like You
  • Mrs. Dalloway
  • The Tempest
  • 1984
  • Things Fall Apart
Take a look and let me know what you think. I want to know more and am very excited about this resource. Let me know what you think. (Hat tip to my new friend Ellen Ullman for pointing out this article she wrote for District Administration magazine last year. What a great resource!)

I look forward to hearing your thoughts! How can high school classes use these?

tag: , , , , , ,

Popular Posts