Let's Face the Music and Dance

"There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance

Before the fiddlers have fled
Before they ask us to pay the bill
And while we still
Have the chance
Let's face the music and dance..."


Full Lyrics by Irving Berlin



Woke up this morning (Sunday) at 5:30 am - way early. (something about being 40, my husband says!)

This old Fred Astaire movie was on and as I pondered the struggles and ups and downs of life. As I thought about school starting in three weeks, this song just truly resonated with me. Above is a youtube video with Nat King Cole singing.

We are where we are. All we can do is what we can do. Freak out. Stress out. It does no good.

Sometimes, you've just gotta face the music and dance.  Enjoy your summer, my friends in North America.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular Posts