This was our agenda:
- Welcome and sharing of our mission statement
- Introduction of each of us, how we got into Web 2.0.
- What Web 2.0 tools each of us have implemented.
- Benefits of implanting Web 2.0 in the classroom.
- The Dangers of NOT implementing Web 2.0 in the classroom.
- What is Women of Web 2.0 and who is included?
- Q & A
I've been leery of committing to a weekly podcast myself but I think I and the other ladies have worked out an arrangement and between us. This way, each of us can participate but if we need to put our family first for school events, we still have flexibility!
The purpose of Women of Web 2.0:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
"Our mission is to provide a professional feminine voice in educational Web 2.0 discussions. Conversations coming from the women of web 2.0 will move across gender, race, and country lines and display the beautiful diversity of the internet kaleidoscope. We are advocates for professional ethics, emerging technologies, collaborative projects, quality best practices research, and teaching students critical thinking skills. We are non-partisan and pro-student."
We are not for women only! The Women of Web 2.0 are the four of us (for now!)
I hope you'll join in the wow2 bulletin board, where the four of us visit and respond to questions and learn from YOU!