Sign up for Cool Cat Teacher's Texting Service with Tatango

OK, I'm going to try something new although I'm really scared.  And if everyone hates it, I just won't do it.

But I've got a beta to Tatango -- a service that lets people subscribe to text groups.  I'm going to set one up for the school, but as you may know, I never deploy any technology at school that I haven't tested first personally.

So, I need a few beta testers.  If you want to sign up for this service, I'll take the first two people who sign up w/ their cell phones AND send me an email and give them a Beta code for the service.

Whoever is first, gets the TWO invite codes I have left.  But as many of you as wish can join the text group.  Right now, replies to the group go directly back to my cell.  (I'll turn it off if it is too much!)

Group text messaging by Tatango.

I will send ONE message tomorrow.  

I plan to try this out and my idea is to have a brief message about one of three things:  a teaching tip, cool technology, or inspirational thought with UP TO one per day.  It would probably be 3-4 times per week.

So, help me decide what "we" think about this and answer the following poll.



The jury is still out!  You be the jury!  If this is useful and people like it after a few weeks, I'll keep going.  If people don't want such things to invade their text inbox on their cell, then just don't subscribe.

So, let me know what you think. If the widget doesn't work in this post, then you can also go to the group page

Only ONE group with Beta
Oh, and I just tried to add a group to test with my students and I'm only allowed ONE.  If it works, I'll have to set up our administration with an account.  The pro version gives you more lists.

The nice thing is that people can subscribe and unsubscribe. I'll have to look closely at the privacy policy.

Anyone know anything about this service?  If you'll help me test, I'd love some feedback.  First message will go out tomorrow!


Technorati Tags:

Popular Posts