I've moved the blog!

I've moved my blog to www.coolcatteacher.com as well as all of the posts from this blog. Learn more...

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sites that Caught My Eye Today 08/27/2008

  • Interesting tidbit in their press release this week:

    "Flat World has announced 17 new author
    titles under contract. Flat World's in-classroom beta test gets underway this
    week, with 20 participating colleges and universities nationwide."

    Open Textbooks may be closer -- this model is a more hybridized version. If we had a "wiki to print" tool or technology, then we could literally have grassroots teachers writing and creating textbooks together. This is interesting to follow

    tags: education, opensource, textbook, edu_trends

  • I just thought this was funny - trapster lets you find where the speed traps, cameras, etc. are. Jott now has a link service to trapster to let you tell it where there are traps using your voice (that's handsfree for those of you who will use a ticket). Just think it is interesting to see the proliferation of tools.

    As for Jott charging - I forked over the $3.95 a month - I just can't live without Jott, and they've added new functionality to boot.

    tags: education, Jott

  • Intel's inspire website for teachers. You can submit a video or story about what inspires you. I want to go through this and take a look at some of the videos. How are you using this website?

    tags: education, edu_newapp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus Comments for Cool Cat Teacher Blog