If you could achieve 1 goal in 24 hours



I love Brian Tracy (his book Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time is one of my favorites to use with students or anyone struggling with procrastinating.)

So, my question is this -- if you could achieve 1 goal in 24 hours what would it be.  You know, I have several but it would probably be a tie between losing the remaining 40 pounds of weight I am going to get off or publishing my first book.

Writing down goals and working steadily towards them is one of the cornerstones of my own life.  The other day, I had someone describe a goal as a "pathway to dissapointment."

I guess this is because so many people in the world are talkers -- we all talk about what we want to do.  But we have to sit down and DO IT.  One of my goals is to be "To be a successful, highly sought after author and speaker who inspires people to be their best," (copied directly from one of my goals in toodledo).  Part of that is I blog and share inspirational thoughts.

It is 1:24 in the morning as I'm working on this post.  You see, so many of us (myself included) we want the success:  it might be monetary, it might just be reaching that kid no one else has reached... but we want it.  Are we going to pay the price? 

I've been working out for two weeks now using the Couch to 5K app on my itouch.  If I follow this plan 3 days a week for 9 weeks I'm supposed to be able to run a 5K at the end without stopping!  It takes a commitment and dedication - I had to run the other day and the gnats were so bad they were flying in my ears and up my nose! However, the goal is that I want to be healthy.  My metabolism changed and I can sit around and whine, but you know what - my best days are ahead of me, and I can drag myself out there and run off this weight and eat right!  No whining, just moving ahead.

So, let me ask you again, if you had one goal that you could accomplish in 24 hours - what would it be?  And, what are you going to do to start NOW!?  Now!  Why wait?

Popular Posts