Daily Education and Technology News for Schools 02/03/2013

  • YEs, they are here. Smart furniture. This is the smart table. Expect to see desks and more as we begin to merge our technology with everything around us. This would make a great unit for a demo or cool interactive learning center. " SMART Table® 442i collaborative learning center. Publicly unveiled at the British Education Technology Conference in London today, the SMART Table features an engaging 360 degree, multitouch surface with a brilliant 106.68 cm (42") high-definition 1080p LCD display. The SMART Table enables up to eight students to interact simultaneously and actively collaborate to achieve shared learning goals."

    tags: education news microsoft_surface_techonolgy edu_newapp edu_trends edu_news techintegrator technology

  • An interesting guide from edutopia for parents that you can share with your parents and PTO. They share a lot of examples of 21st century learning and as you work to build support for these things, this is a great document to share. (Full Disclosure: The digiteen project is listed for middle school - after this was listed, we saw such an inundation of schools wanting to do the project, we created the DigiTween project for kids aged 10-12 and Digiteen is still for kids aged 13+.) There are a lot of other great sites including the World Peace game, information on Skype in the Classroom, World of Warcraft in School and the Digital Youth Network. Download and share.

    tags: education flatclass news tumblr digiteen inthenews evernote bestpractices edu_trends edu_news

  • This is the stylus that the college student working at GameStop in Atlanta swore was the best stylus for her Galaxy Tab. It is far better than any stylus I've ever used on my ipad and I admit that I was a bit jealous. I'm going to get one of these for my Kenna Tablet and try it out with Handy Notes.

    tags: news productivity droid studenttools technology

  • I met a girl working at GameStop who is a college student. She was furiously working with a somewhat beat up Galaxy Tab. I talked to her about what she used and she said that Handy Notes ROCKED. She got her Caseen stylus and showed me what she was doing and I loved it. She said that she had a whole semester's worth of notes. She took notes in this and went back to her dorm and printed off the notes so she could highlight and study them but that when she needed to review, she could. I have to admit, I was quite envious. There are some classes I took that I'd love to have in evernote. If you use a Droid, I'd recommend trying out handy notes. This is a link to the app review on Android Authority.

    tags: news productivity droid android studenttools edu_newapp

Posted from Diigo. The rest of my favorite links are here.

Popular Posts