Reference and Citation Steps:
- Go to Son of Citation Machine to Generate the MLA Citation
- Return to your wiki page.
- Insert your blinker just after the quotation or paraphrase that needs a citation.
- Type a bracket and ref and ending bracket (see below)
- Paste the reference into the wiki.
- Type the page number and a period after it if it is a book.
- Close the reference tag by typing a bracket forward slash (/) ref and an ending bracket (see the image above.)
- If it is a website, turn the hyperlink into a "true" hyperlink as shown in the graphic by copying the hyperlink, clicking the link button, and pasting the hyperlink into the external link box.
- If this is the first reference on this page, go to the bottom of the page and type the word "References." DO NOT PUT A LINE UNDERNEATH IT!
- Click "Save"
- A new reference must only be listed in full length THE FIRST time it is used. From then on use the author's last name and the page number, or in the case of an online article, the Article Name (which MUST be hyperlinked.)
So, this is our first stab. Please leave your feedback and thoughts. I'll modify this blog post in the future if we see that these need correction. Thank you for your help!