The Perfect Easy, Free Mother's Day Present


Dear Mom,
3 generations at the National Honor Society initiation this year
along with my Mom and Dad - I love my family. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

You were the first teacher I ever knew. Quite literally - you taught me at home but you also gave up teaching to come home and have me. But you aren't the kind of teacher who yells purple faced and leaves a child confused because the actions don't line up with the words. You taught me with your life.

All the laundry, cleaning, sleepless nights waiting for me to get back from wherever while you sat in your chair and prayed, all the delicious meals and favorite things you made me, all the listening - my goodness - all the listening you did and still do. Who deserves a Mom like you?

Now as I have three of my own and two about to leave the nest, I am in tears because I just don't feel like I measure up to your greatness. How could anyone be as good a mother as you?

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate."
Proverbs 31:30-31

Oh Mom, I love you! May my actions in my own life towards my own children show them my love. I pray that my love for my children will shine through my own weaknesses and faults so they will KNOW like I KNOW that they are loved by their mother.

On this day, I am filled with two things -- gratitude that I have such a great mother and tears because I feel I don't measure up as a Mom myself.

How could these precious three babies of mine ever know just what they mean to me? Their presence in my house is the only present I ever want. Just give me my children!

And now, my friends, you've seen into the heart of a mother -- give her the present she really wants today -- YOU. No matter what it takes, no excuses, no reasons - call, see, and be there for her.

And if your mother is no longer here on this planet -- find a mother who has her children far away and be there for her. You can adopt each other today and both of you will be the better for it.

Happy Mother's Day. Make a Mom happy today and make the world a better place.

Popular Posts