This is a great service to education and I appreciate Atomic's willingness to make this free.
Contents of the Web 2.0 workshop
- Web 2.0 terminology
- Blog basics (like what it is, how to read a blog, how to comment, how to find a license)
- Wiki basics (what is a wiki, parts of a wiki)
- Podcast basics (what is a podcast, how to listen to a podcast)
- Webcast Basics (how to listen to a webcast)
- Social Networking Basics (how to navigate them)
- Tags and Tag Clouds - Uses of tags
- How to set up an RSS Reader (using Netvibes) -- this is important
- How to communicate with a group using Netvibes
- And a MUST-SEE for Principals --- customized searches on Google, Youtube, photographs, etc.
Thanks, Atomic Learning. And thank you for asking me to contribute. It has been an honor!
tag: atomic learning, Web 2.0, training, education, teacher, administration, leadership, innovation, learning, professional development, staff development, free