Giving an educational face to facebook

I've had on my list for some to explore facebook and am spending my R&D time this vacation on Facebook. (And time is almost up.)

(By the way, I think that all people committed to innovation should take some time for R&D- research and development, each week and preferably each day. My R&D time is when I get my light bulb moments. But, set the timer, it could suck you in!)

I'm coolcatteacher over there. But I must say, except for adding a twitter app (to post my twitter updates), and adding a delicious app, I'm sorely deficient on how to effectively use facebook.

So, facebook fans, tell me, what are the groups I should join? How should I connect on facebook? What are your tips?

I'm all ears and will post more later about what "I think." I don't know anything and need to see what you think.

I am spurred forward because articles like the recent 14 year old girl's suicide caused by the creation of a fictious person on myspace has me greatly bothered and makes me feel that we as educators must begin to understand this world and create ways for kids to interact with us outside the "official" schoolhouse. Could someone have helped her?

tag: ,

Popular Posts