Second Life suffering from Inflation!!!

From a tweet from Kevin Jarrett, I saw this article "Second Life needs a bailout after all"
"...it's a tad shocking that the company was forced to create a bailout plan of its own this week - jacking up the price of the cheapest Second Life land by $50 - a 66 per cent increase. The resulting outcry has been predictable."
 This is why I couldn't buy land - I budgeted at old prices but don't have the money to create my student island now. Of course, I'd wait until this past week to buy the island, but I wasn't ready until then.

So, our digiteen island is now squarely on Lively, which although it doesn't have as many features, can suit our purpose just fine for a little while. 

I still hunger for that little island to call my own where my students and others can teach digital citizenship.  Guess we'll have to look for sponsors, but who has time?

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Popular Posts