Upcoming Schedules: ISTE 2011 Schedule, Flat Classroom Conference

Flat Classroom Conference day 3Image by Julie Lindsay via FlickrISTE 2011
Just put in acceptances for the following items at ISTE 2011.

Julie and I will be teaching our DigiTeacher workshop again on Sunday morning, June 26th from 8:30-3:30. DigiTeacher: Digital Citizenship within a Project-Based Learning Environment. Registrations for that should be opening up pretty soon. It was a great class last year and you'll get a flavor of how we do project based learning in the workshop as well.

Bookmarks, PLN's and More: How to SuperCharge Your learning Network with Diigo founder Maggie Tsai - 12:15 - 1:15 pm Tuesday 6/28/2011 - this always fills up. Last year Julie and Maggie did the BYOL - this year Maggie and I will do it and I'm psyched. With Delicious "dying" or whatever is happening it will be one you want to join us for.

Wonderful World of Wikis for Intermediate and Advanced - Tuesday 6/28/2011 from 2-3 pm with Wikispaces co-founder Adam Frey. In this Adam and I will be sharing how to create scalable wikis and also the tips and tricks that those who are already using wikis enjoy and that make their life easier!

Flat Classroom Conference
I've been working with Steve Madsen and Julie Lindsay getting together everyone's registrations and I'm so completely and utterly in awe of the amazing educators from around the world heading to Beijing in February. It is still not too late - even for the US - I got my Visa request back in 2 1/2 weeks for going to China (much to my surprise!)

All the details are at www.flatclassroomconference.com. This conference is run through our 501(c)3 nonprofit entity because we do have donors who give money to help people from remote areas attend the conference. Right now we've got several cases of some really great students who we'd like to come but are working to get their funds. The bake sales are just not quite adding up to the price of the ticket! We take donations!

bernajean Porter, Frank Guttler, Leigh Zeitz, Kim Cofino, Andrew Churches, and Julie Lindsay and I will be running this incredibly unique project based learning conference along with some really amazing Apple Distinguished educators.

We're getting excited! 

PETE&C
Also, I'm so excited to announce that I'll be in Pennsylvania in February for the PETE&C conference we have a panel keynote there with Joyce Vayenza, Steve Hargadon and me and with Jim Gates moderating. It is going to be cool!

That's it for now - right now I'm working on my 2011-2012 schedule. If you want to talk to me, the best thing to do is email vicki at coolcateacher dot com or fill out the form at www.coolcatteacher.com.

Thank you to all of you who attend the events where I speak and for your encouragement!

Enhanced by Zemanta

Popular Posts