Where Oh Where has Cool Cat Teacher Gone?

Where, Oh Where, Has Cool Cat Teacher Gone?

I'm still here working away
leaving my blogging for another day.

Expanding horizons, blogging my mind,
Making senior slide shows and graduation movies till I go blind.

Checking efolios and grading some blogs,
so much work, my mind is in a fog.

I love it when some casually say
"I'd love to be a teacher & relax one day!"

Little do they know the joy and the pain
the loss of sleep and frustration of gain (weight gain that is!)

Tis not a profession for the weak of heart nor puffed up of mind
stuffed shirts wouldn't make it a day in my class, I find.

Debates swirl about this and that,
what will work and what's old hat.

While others debate teachers have jobs to do,
until the final bell rings, we're never through.

Perhaps you'll remain and be here when I return with a burst
but for me, as always, my classroom comes first!

(I miss blogging and somewhere in the back of my mind, I hope I won't "lose" readers, however, if I'm going to do this thing for the long haul (as I plan to) - I have to be a binge blogger, I guess.)

Popular Posts